I wrote a guest post on Raising Loveliness called “What does a dream come true look like?” and there I talked about a few dreams I had, how I brought them to life and how different they look from when they were being conceived in my mind and heart.
When dreams face reality they are adapted and that’s ok.
Living your dreams is not a fairy tale or a Disney movie – full of magic sparks, valiant princes, talking animals and synchronized singing (Wouldn’t it be nice?).
Living your dreams is real. It’s amazing and exhausting; it’s fun and scary; it’s exciting and frustrating.
On “Live the dream and love the journey” I wrote about my life abroad as an Au Pair. It was a major dream come true and the life I lived during those years was beyond my wildest young girl’s imagination.
I had the time of my life making my dreams of living abroad and travelling real.
Today I have new dreams and the awareness that they might change.
Simply put, this is my blueprint:
- I’ll do work I love;
- I’ll have abundant health, income, peace and joy;
- I’ll have a cozy home;
- I’ll give my best, share my gifts and be light in the life of those around me;
- I’ll have a lot of free time;
- I’ll travel often and experience life as I’ve never seen;
- I’ll road trip, camp, volunteer, learn languages, go on retreats, events, workshops, lectures, all around the world;
The best part of it all is that you can live your dreams NOW. You might not have it all, but be grateful for what you do and always work in moving towards where you want to be. You’ll find joy in the journey.
What does YOUR dream-come-true look like?